July 7, 2016 by Steven Knight
Google Site Check in –
The following artifacts should be on your Google Site (with a short description of the assignment, process and relevance to your future instruction) by now.
- Home Page (image/Information)
- Blog Link
- Digital Story
Soon to come –
- LOC Certificate
- CommonSenseMedia Certificate
- Podcast/Flipped Lesson (including interactive support materials)
- Social Learning Tool presentation
- Unit Plan (including lessons and assessments)
TeachersLED – Online Resources
Illuminations – Online resources for teaching Math
SMART Exhcange – free and purchase lessons/Widgets/Manipulatives
SMART Notebook Express – create and view Notebook files
Intro to SMART board video by me and Dr. Langran
SMARTClassrooms YouTube Channel
After watching the video above, choose one of the questions to answer and post your answer to the comments on this post. Please read and reply to at least one of your classmates answers.
1. What are specific ethical issues you see kids struggling when they use digital media?
2. How is our sense of identity changing in the digital world? How can adults learn from kids and guide them at the same time?
3. How does teaching and learning change in a world where information is at your fingertips?
“Free Computers Don’t close the Rich-Poor Education Gap” by Gregory Ferenstein, TechCrunch, May 20, 2013
“Digital Divide is ‘Major Challenge’ in Teaching Low-Income Students, Survey Finds” by Betsy Isaacson, The Huffington Post, February 28, 2013
Week 7 – Post 1 responses on your blog
– Answer one of the questions under the Gardner video in the comments section of this post. Read and reply to at least one if your classmates.
– Post at least 1 response about the discussion on equity. Include strategies that you can use in your classroom.
Week 8 – Post 1 response on your blog/Post 1 product on your GSite/class preparation:
- Read “The Deconstruction of the K-12 Teacher” via the Atlantic and post your reaction/reflection.
- Become an expert on one of the Social Learning Tools bookmarked here. Create a less than 5 minute presentation using tips/tools from June 16th class. Be prepared to share your presentation (posted on your GSite) at the July 28th class.
- Complete the Library of Congress Supporting Inquiry with Primary Sources online module. Allow 1 hour to complete this module. Upload a copy of your LOC certificate to your GSite.
Week 9 – Online Class
Complete the two online learning modules anytime before 6:00 pm on Thursday, July 28th. It should take you approximately 2 hours and 45 minutes to complete (including a 15-minute break).
- Online Learning
- Digital Citizenship and Online Safety
Week 9 – Post 1 response on your blog/Post 2 products on your GSite/class preparation:
- Read “Five Myths about Classroom Technology and What to do Instead” and post your reaction/reflection.
- Embed/Link your Podcast/Flipped lesson (that includes at least 4 paragraphs of description of process/experience) on a new page of your Google Site.
- Upload a copy of your CommonSenseEducation (completed during online class) certificate to your GSite.