July 28, 2016 by Steven Knight
Class Activity: Copyright & You
LOC – Fair Use Guidelines
Class Activity: Coding in the Classroom
Learn – https://code.org/
Scratch – https://scratch.mit.edu
How can coding activities fit into your classroom instruction? What is the value of providing opportunities for your students to experience coding?
Coding in the Classroom with BrainPop
BrainPop – all in one stop for digital content
Movies – fun and entertaining – Computer Programming
Lesson Plans – great plans that use the video on online games to support – Blocky Maze Game
Online Games – Block Maze Game
Quiz – every movie has a quiz for checks for understandings or topics for teaching – Quiz
EdSurge – Teaching Guide – Teaching Kids to Code
Post 1 response on your blog (last one:)
- Read the latest report from Project Tomorrow’s Speak Up 2015 Annual Report. Create a post with your reaction of this report and detail how it will help you plan your instruction.
Virtual Class on Thursday, August 4th! So you can participate anywhere with a computer and an Internet Connection. Please log into Schoology>ED554 Course>BigBlueButton at least 10 minutes before 6pm. I will not be on campus.
It has been a privilege spending Thursday nights with you all:)
Thank you for your hard work and open mindedness for learning about technology. A HUGE thanks to those who went above and beyond the assignments. Your creativity was inspiring!
Google Site Check in –
The following artifacts should be on your Google Site (with a short description of the assignment, process and relevance to your future instruction) by now.
- Digital Story
- Podcast/Flipped Lesson (including interactive support materials)
- LOC Certificate
- Social Learning Presentation
- Unit Plan – (including lessons and assessments)
- If you want feedback on Unit Plan/Lessons, share via Google before midnight August 1st.
- Post all assignments to your blog by August 4th.
- Post Unit Plan on GSite by midnight August 7th.
- Keep a look out for the course evaluations. Your feedback is extremely important to me:)
- Grades will be shared on Canvas by August 4th and will be posted to Marynet on August 9th.
- Have a wonderful summer and great school year.
- Prof. Steve